1. Tell us about your new song? And what’s the story behind it?
My latest song release is titled “Penny Proud”. The title draws parallels between the Disney Channel show “The Proud Family”, specifically the main character, Penny, who I identify with the most. In the song, I rap about trying to balance following my dreams with trying to make my family proud. Navigating the early stages of my rap career has been difficult and convincing “traditional” family members that this is the right path for me has been a challenging conversation. But in the end, I find that no matter what decision I make my family is always there to help and support. This song is featured on Amazon’s “Break through Hip-Hop” & Audiomack’s “DMV Hometown Heroes”. We just released the video this week.
2. What makes your music unique? And how would you describe it?
My music gives you that nostalgic hip-hop feel… that feeling that been missing from the newer music out. The gritty, bar riddled, soulfulness that I bring breeds new life into today’s music-making me feel unique.
3. Which is the best moment in your musical career that you’re most proud of?
Signing my first distribution deal has been my favorite moment so far.
4. How do you balance your music with other obligations – family, friends or work?
I’m still learning this and haven’t gotten a good grasp on the balance. When I’m around family and friends I always feel like I should be working, and I know this isn’t good, so I am actively trying to change.
5. What advice would you give to aspiring musicians?
Be yourself, stay consistent and enjoy the journey.
6. If you had one message to give to your fans, what would it be?
I want to thank each and every one of you for being a supporter, because without you I wouldn’t be able to grow.
7. What’s next for you? Any upcoming projects?
I’m dropping a new song & video on May 14th , so stay tuned.